Portrait of Margarita de Geer
Lord Lindsay with his son, Ludovic,
The Lindsay family have been art collectors for many generations, acquiring their first Rembrandt (Portrait of Margarita de Geer) in the eighteenth century.
Perhaps the best-known collector in this family of collectors was Lord Lindsay who, in the nineteenth century, toured remote Italian villages buying Renaissance paintings long before they became fashionable.
More recently, positions held by family members include Chairman of the National Art Collections Fund, Chairman of the National Trust and Chairman of the National Galleries of England and Scotland.
Lindsay Fine Art Ltd today:
- educated at Eton College and Sandhurst Royal Military Academy
- 4 years in British army
- over 20 years’ experience in the Art World
Ivan set up Lindsay Fine Art Ltd in 1990 to deal in European Old Master paintings. The Russian paintings division was formed in 2004 with an emphasis on 20th century painting and sculpture and a particular interest in the post-war Moscow School 1940-1980.
More about Ivan Lindsay
Lindsay Fine Art Ltd acts as agent for sellers and also holds a stock of Old Master and Russian paintings. Advice is available to collectors on all aspects of collecting. Lindsay Fine Art Ltd monitors auction sales of paintings worldwide and works with a network of curators, dealers, restorers and collectors that has been developed over the last 20 years.
Lindsay Fine Art Ltd provides:
- a discreet alternative to the glare and publicity of the auction room
- unparalleled contacts with many of the world’s leading museums and private collectors
- free world-wide consultation to sellers
- representation for buyers upon request
- assistance in English, Russian, French, German, Spanish and Italian
Lindsay Fine Art Ltd offers advice on:
- buying & selling
- pricing & authenticity
- bidding at auction
- condition & restoration
- framing & hanging
- import & export
9,778 total views, 3 views today
Popularity: 39% [?]